Thursday, January 28, 2010

Keys in hand

So after writing last night about my expectations for the LIBS lab research I was to do today, something interesting happened. Right after Geochemistry, I headed to ask for keys and my adviser and Dr. M must have become tired of the requests because she asked Lee to sign out some keys to me. I can now work just about whenever I want on my research!




The downside of this moment was that Dr. M reminded me that we wouldn't be having Optical Mineralogy on Monday or Wednesday. I think despite the early (to me) lecture time of 9:30 AM, I'm going to be sad to miss out on that class as my first of the day. It will be nice to sleep in though, depending on the way the weekend turns out.

Right now though, I am trying to occupy myself on my now empty Thursday afternoon. With the slow, cold rain coming down my options are limited to indoor activities. I think I'll bone up on my Geology fundamentals by finally reading my intro Geology book. I can't tell if it's the weather or just finding out that J.D. Salinger died yesterday, but I'm feeling apathetic.

Photo Credit
Bram_app. "Yale Keys". http://www.flickr.com/photos/bramapp/106561520/

No comments:

Post a Comment